Monday, August 10, 2009

Catching and Keeping Up!

Well, our trip to Alaska has come to an end. My body is slowly getting re-adjusted to the heat, humidity, pollens and the longer nights. It's amazing how tired you can get while on vacation! I'm just glad it didn't hit me until I got back home : )

I've been busy catching up with family since returning. I spent Friday with Deve having lunch and getting pedicures. Then Joe, me and O.C. went to Trey and Brandi's to watch the girls while they went out. Joe and O.C. went to the ranch Saturday. Donna came over and George and Laurice drove up to get their fish (four huge boxes delivered on Thursday). But before they loaded the fish, we all went to see "Julie & Julia" (loved it, btw) and we had dinner. Donna stayed the night with me. We took Deve out to breakfast on Sunday and Becky came in later in the day. It was fun to hear about Becky's trip to Germany and Ireland and see her pictures. It was a great weekend.

Now, back to the Alaska story...sorry I stopped writing in the middle of the trip. My only excuse is I was having too much fun!

I'll try to keep up and catch up from here...

July 29th, Wednesday

The guys went King Salmon fishing. George came back with one...Joe didn't.
Laurice and I went to Kenai (a small town about 45-min. from the fish camp) for lunch. Then we came back to Soldatna to do some shopping. When the guys got back, I made Maple-Soy Salmon and Laurice did new potatoes and a salad. The salmon recipe is even better with fresh-caught salmon! The sisters did laundry and watched a DVD downstairs while the guys watched a movie upstairs.

Laurice and I decided George and Joe reminded us of the Three Stooges (minus one)....so, George became Larry and Joe was Moe. In retaliation, the guys decided we reminded them of a couple of crows. I became Heckle and Laurice was Jeckle (technically, they were magpies). At the end of the Heckle and Jeckle show, they closed with "Tallyho and away we go! See you next week for a brand new show"!

Hope it won't be a week...but I've gotta go....

No comments: