Tuesday, June 3, 2008


The weekend at the ranch was nice...hot, but quiet and peaceful. It's amazing what a couple of days in the country can do for the soul. Tiffany found a baby bird egg that had fallen from it's nest. It was so small lying there next to the huge pecan tree. Kind of sad that there was nothing to be done to save the baby, but I found it a little comforting to see that the egg had landed "nestled" so close to the tree. I had to "snap it". Hopefully, I'll figure out how to do slide-shows soon so whoever would like can see more of my photos. Tomorrow is the last day of school for Tiff. She and I will be attending a family grief support group beginning next week for eight weeks. The school counselor turned us on to Bo's Place...a non-profit center for grieving children and their immediate families here in Houston. We attended the orientation yesterday and I was really impressed. I'm not sure what else we're doing this summer...continuing the journey I suppose.

1 comment:

annie lockhart said...

what a sweet little photo...and that tiffany spotted it. i'm glad that y'all are starting this journey of healing together. what a special thing it is for y'all to have one another. joe too! xo